On election night as I was making my victory speech at Cha Taqueria, I realized just how honored I was.
* Honored to have incredible, committed friends like you.
* Honored to live in such an amazing city and such a wonderful state.
* Honored to have a supportive, loving husband and a wonderful family.
* Honored to have the support and hard work of hundreds of teachers, nurses, firefighters, business owners and college students.
* Honored to have earned the trust and votes of thousands of my neighbors.
* And honored to accept my Party’s nomination to be the next State Representative from District 36.
As I was finishing my thank yous, I saw someone slip into the back of the room— a good friend who wanted to share the excitement.
I was honored when Barbara Roberts stepped forward to endorse me in this race. I was deeply touched last night when she stood with dozens of my family members and friends to listen to my plans for our state’s future.
This election was about fighting for what’s best about Oregon.
I am honored and grateful that the Democratic voters of HD 36 chose me to be their voice in Salem on the issues that matter most– universal healthcare, ending mandatory minimum sentences, more money for our schools and a renewed focus on helping small businesses grow.
Paul and I will never forget what you have done in this campaign. I will work every day to be worthy of your trust.